Tag Archives: repurposing

Recollections Of A Piece of Wood 1930

One of the many improvements to the White House was undertaken by President Calvin Coolidge.  In 1927, Coolidge replaced 100-year-old pine beams with an expanded third floor using a steel frame.  Of the most under-appreciated endeavors of First Lady Lou … Continue reading

Posted in Lou Henry Hoover, White House | Tagged , ,